Tessa Harmon, web strategist with Knowmad, discusses how to choose the most appropriate form element (including input controls), and also validation and required fields.
Forms are necessary for meaningful interaction on the Web. How can you create the best possible user experience with your Web forms?
- What information do you really need?
- Asking Questions: Be polite, be grammatical, be brief!
- Suggestions for Copy
- Selecting the Right Form Elements: Radio buttons or drop downs? Or neither?
- Layout: Patterns to avoid, patterns to embrace
- Necessary Evils: Registration, Required Fields, CAPTCHAs