The Account Manager is part of the Management Team at Knowmad. The role is integral in Sales, Client Management and Retention, and Staff Management and Retention. A strong knowledge of integrated marketing strategy, creative, analytics, inbound marketing and team management are needed in this position in order to help drive client success.
- Develop an understanding of each Client’s business model, being clear on how they generate revenues and profits, how they interact with their customers and how they are marketing today.
- Meeting and liaising with clients to discuss and identify their needs and requirements, creating campaign and/or project briefs.
- Liaising and coordinating with other agencies, as-needed.
- Working with agency colleagues to devise campaigns that meet the client's brief and budget.
- Coordinating with agency Project Manager, as needed, on behalf of clients for projects including website design & development.
- Presenting, alongside agency colleagues, campaign ideas, project proposals and budget to the client.
- Liaising with, and acting as the link between, the client and agency by maintaining regular contact with both, ensuring that communication flows effectively.
- Provide regular updates to clients, managing client expectations, provide status updates and next steps.
- Handling budgets, managing campaign costs and invoicing clients.
- Writing client reports; monitoring the effectiveness of campaigns; coordinate internally with team members for continuous improvement of campaign performance.
- Negotiating with clients and agency staff about the details of campaigns.
- Work to grow the clients’ use of Knowmad services where appropriate to the strategy.
- Presenting creative work to clients for approval or modification.
- Undertaking administration tasks including arranging and attending meetings.
- Making 'pitches', along with other agency staff, to win new business for the agency.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Understands business and profitability models, particularly in the B2B market. (MBA a plus)
- Demonstrated experience in account management.
- Significant, demonstrated experience in digital and Inbound Marketing.
- Critical thinker, able to ask insightful questions and assess situations strategically.
- Process/project oriented, able to manage many moving parts to achieve an end result.
- Results oriented, always conscious of driving the bottom line for clients and Knowmad.
- Up-to-date knowledge of Digital Marketing concepts and tools.
- Adept with analytics, able to identify and explain trends and patterns.
- Adept with MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Proactive, able to look ahead to minimize fire-drills. Able to lead and motivate team members to excellence.
- Strong influencing skills with a powerful and persuasive attitude.
- Excellent writing, oral and interpersonal skills are a must.
- 5 - 7 years as an Account Manager (preferably within Digital Marketing Industry), preferably on the agency side showing growth.
- Experience managing multiple client relationships.
- Proven ability to upsell existing accounts.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results for clients.
- Client satisfaction and retention.
- Number of accounts, GPM and total dollar amount managed.
- Account growth with existing clients – additional projects or services used.
- Achieving results for clients.
- New revenue booked.
- Demonstration of company values.
Client references are required.