The SEO/PPC Specialist is primarily responsible for Search Engine Optimization and PPC performance for client accounts. The work in this area of the business is a part of the implementation of Inbound Marketing Strategies designed for our clients. Written and spoken communication skills, attention to detail, time management and continuous improvement – both of the professional and the work - are critical.
- Create successful keyword strategies for client accounts; test strategies using PPC.
- On-site and off-site optimization of websites, landing pages and digital marketing campaigns for the purposes of search engine optimization and PPC advertising.
- Write copy, optimize ads, creation of landing pages, landing page conversion rate optimization for PPC.
- Participate in planning sessions, providing recommendations to clients and other team members regarding link-building campaigns.
- Provide written strategies, recommendations and performance reports on a regular basis.
- Participate in client strategy sessions and provide client updates, as needed on a regular basis.
- Accept assignments and provide support for team members, asking appropriate questions to facilitate accurate completion of tasks related to digital marketing.
- Prioritize daily tasks based on conversations with senior team members and specific direction from them; create tasks as needed, maintain clear notes on tasks to facilitate internal communications, update daily.
- Stay on top of SEO, PPC and other industry advancements.
- Keep an accurate accounting of time spent on client assignments and enter daily into system.
- Other duties as-needed.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated experience planning and implementing SEO and PPC campaigns.
- Demonstrated understanding of marketing, and how it supports business goals and profitability.
- Demonstrated understanding of Content Marketing and how it is used.
- Understanding lead generation using digital marketing.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Demonstrated ability to create content.
- Experience using Social Media and an understanding of how it supports SEO.
- Advanced understanding of analytics (such as Google Analytics) and how the information is used.
- Ability to retain details, manage time effectively and meet deadlines.
- Ability to think ahead and anticipate—avoid fire-drills.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and assignments, prioritizing effectively.
- Demonstrated passion for learning.
- Adept with MS Office, Wordpress, Google Analytics, Google Adwords, Google Webmaster Tools, SEMRush and HubSpot.
- BA in Marketing or Journalism with a concentration in Digital Marketing preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience in search engine optimization and pay-per-click advertising.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully recommend and implement SEO and PPC strategies.
- Client satisfaction and retention.
- Quality of output – minimal need for re-work and productivity.
- Attaining and exceeding goals of search engine optimization, pay-per-click and other digital advertising.
- Billable hours (32 expected weekly).
- Skill development and improvement.
- Demonstration of company values.